Job Vacancy – CEO19 March, 2021
Ballybay Credit Union is seeking to appoint a CEO.
Ballybay Credit Union has a staff of 8 and assets managed at 30th September 2020 of €23.8 million.
The credit union now wishes to appoint a CEO to continue to shape the future strategy and to achieve its ambitious and challenging plans and targets for the future.
The requirements of the new CEO will be to deliver on this year’s goals in a challenging environment, to continue to shape the future strategy and to drive the credit union forward to achieve ambitious and challenging plans and targets in the future.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the further development of a small-sized community credit union.
Reporting to the Board of Directors.
The main responsibilities in the role are:
Reporting the Board of Directors / Delivering on the Strategic and Annual Plan
- Implement the strategies agreed by the Board of Directors as set out in the Strategic Plan or as otherwise required by the Board of Directors
- Report to the Board and Chairperson on progress against the strategic and annual business plans as agreed with the Chairperson
- Update the Board of Directors on the financial position and performance/position of the credit union through required reports monthly and as needed
- Assist the Board of Directors and committees in the performance of their duties
Developing the Strategic Plan
- Monitor industry/sector trends, challenges and opportunities
- Prepare and propose strategies to the Board of Directors for debate, scrutiny and approval
- Develop and present the strategic and annual business plans and budgets to the Board and Chairperson for approval
Leadership and Management of the Credit Union
- Lead the day-to-day running and management of the credit union’s business and operations, under delegated authority from the Board and Chairperson
- Consult with the Board of Directors in identifying officer positions in the management team, essential to the proper management of the credit union and as per regulations
- Continuously act as a role model leader demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, behaviour, ethical management, integrity and honesty
- Lead, manage, motivate, develop and organise the senior management and staff of the Credit Union towards the achievement of the goals and expected standards of the Credit Union
- Develop a clear plan of action to continuously develop the organisation in terms of:
o IT and digital technology enablement
o process improvement
o products and services
o organisation structure, staff and management competence and capability
o business development, marketing and community relations
o compliance with all regulations
Internal Controls, Audits, Regulations, Compliance, Governance, Reporting
- Implement the proper systems of internal control which the Board of Directors have approved
- Ensure that appropriate internal financial and audit processes and procedures are in place
- Prepare such financial reports and returns as may be required by the auditor of the credit union
- Lead the development and implementation of corporate and credit union governance practices and processes to achieve the highest standards of governance for the Credit Union
- Ensure the credit union is compliant and risk managed in compliance with all regulations and laws
- Report to the Central Bank of Ireland and other agencies as required in compliance with all regulations and laws
The ideal person will have an established and proven track record of success within a similar role, deputy to CEO role or other senior leadership positions within the credit union sector or other financial services sectors.
The ideal person will have at least degree level qualifications, and other qualifications related to financial services, credit unions, management or business and possibly others such as IT, accountancy, law, finance, risk, compliance, or others.
The ideal person will be/have:
- Strategically Driven
- Proficient in IT
- Ability to implement Change
- Excellent Financial Skills
- Excellent People Skills
- Excellent communications
- Strong implementation skills
- Clear member focus
- Clear understanding of CU regulations etc.
- Engage with the ethos of the Credit union
This position will also require other skills such as:
- Commercial acumen
- Leadership skills
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Relationship management skills
- Analytical skills.
This is a permanent full-time position.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The credit union will offer generous pay and benefits including salary, pension and other benefits commensurate with the role and benchmarked with the market.
The role is a standard working week, Tuesday-Saturday, 36¼ hours per week.
The role is based at the credit union offices at Main Street, Ballybay, Co. Monaghan.
CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This position offers an opportunity to become a CEO in a small-sized credit union, with 8 staff, that has been rebuilt from a governance and management team perspective and to take it on to another level. The role reports to the Board of Directors and provides an excellent opportunity for a senior leader to take their career to a new level of responsibility and ownership, with the ability to influence, lead and drive real success in the coming years.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Helena Broderick of CollierBroderick, the credit unions HR Partners, on 01 8666426/087 9074843.
YOUR NEXT STEP
If you are ready to take a further step in your career, apply now at the link below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
The credit union wishes to fill the role as soon as possible and we will be working to complete the recruitment process shortly. The closing date for applications is 2nd April.